Spread Pick: VentspilsAway with handicap -3 at 1.83
Over/Under: Under 151.5 at 1.83 Bet Now!
04-01-2017 20:30 BST - Openjobmetis Varese v Ventspils - Champions League Betting Tips
The team at the foot of the table, with a 2-8 record welcomes the fourth-placed team in Group C of the FIBA Champions League, who travel with a 5-5 record. This is a game that both teams will look at with a chance of winning and we will hopefully be in for an exciting night on Wednesday when these two sides clash in European basketball competition.
Varese have lost their three most recent games in a row, falling to PAOK, Neptunas Klaipeda and ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne. That includes the top two teams in the group so there is no shame in those results and the win over EWE Baskets, by a score of 76-71, shows that Varese can pull off a surprise or two. The game between these two sides earlier on in the campaign was a clear victory for Ventspils, by a 66-91 score, and this is something that will leave the home fans slightly on guard for this game. Mind you, the opening day win over ASVEL shows that when Varese get around to winning in Group C, they win in great style. Melvin Johnson has been a key player for Varese so far this season, offering an average of 19.5 points per game.
|Tipster||Tip-off||Home Team||Away Team||O/U||Odds||Free Tip||Sportsbook|
|FIBA Basketball Champions League tip locked in at 04/01 09:00 (Spread Result: 82-85, Totals: 170)|
|andrew||04/01 20:30||Openjobmetis VareseVARES||VentspilsVENTS||151.5||1.83||Under 151.5|
Ventspils are keen for more wins in FIBA Champions League
The Latvians come into this match having won their final two games of 2016, which means they will be desperate to start the New Year in the best possible manner. Those wins over Muratbey, by 97-86 and Rosa Radom, by a score of 79-63 were well deserved and likely to give the team some confidence heading into 2017. The most recent loss for Muratbey was a reversal at the hands of EWE Baskets, with the game finishing 73-87 to the Germans. Ventspils were convincing winners in their last game against Varese and they’ll fancy their chances of doing the double this midweek. Willie Deane has been a strong influence on the Latvian side and he has chipped in with an average of 14.4 points per game so far this season.
|Tip-off||Home Team||Away Team||Book||Home Odds||Away Odds||Home Win||Away Win||Under||Over|
|This basketball odds comparison table refreshes every two minutes.|
The away side should be able to clinch this game with a bit to spare so take Ventspils at -3 at odds of 1.83. If you want to bet on the Over/Under market, go UNDER 151.5 at odds of 1.83. Bet Now!
Bet on the FIBA Basketball Champions League
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group E – Dinamo Sassari v AEK
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group D – Telenet Oostende v Sidigas Avellino
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group C – ASVEL Lyon-Villeurbanne v PAOK
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group E – MHP RIESEN Ludwigsburg v Proximus Spirou
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group E – Partizan v Szolnoki Olaj
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group B – CSM CSU Oradea v Le Mans Sarthe
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group B – Maccabi Rand Media v Umana Reyer Venezia
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group C – Muratbey Usak Sportif v Rosa Radom
- 4 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group C – Neptunas Klaipeda v EWE Baskets