36 teams were involved with the regular season of the 2015/16 Eurocup, with six groups of six teams forming the basis for the initial part of the campaign. With the top 4 teams in every group making their way through to the next stage, only 12 teams dropped out at this point.
The 12 teams that exited the Eurocup at the regular season stage were:
- JSF Nanterre – Group A
- Telekom Baskets Bonn – Group A
- Le Man Sarthe – Group B
- Enel Basket Brindisi – Group B
- Proximus Spirou – Group C
- SLUC Nancy – Group C
- Budućnost VOLI – Group D
- Steaua CSM EximBank – Group D
- Beşiktaş Sompo Japan – Group E
- Lietuvos Rytas – Group E
- AEK Athens – Group F
- Krasny Oktyabr – Group F
The 24 teams progressing from the regular season of the Eurocup were joined by 8 teams dropping down from the Euroleague to make a round of 32. This stage saw a total of 8 groups being formed and each group had 4 teams in it. The teams played each other twice, ensuring each team played a total of 6 games in this round.
With the top two from each group progressing, a total of 16 teams exited the 2015/16 Eurocup at this stage of the season.
The 16 teams that exited the Eurocup at the Last 32 stage were:
- Dominion Bilbao Basket – Group G
- Ratiopharm Ulm – Group G
- Avtodor Saratov – Group H
- Hapoel Bank Yahav – Group H
- Valencia Basket – Group I
- PAOK – Group I
- Aris – Group J
- Neptūnas – Group J
- Trabzonspor Medical Park – Group K
- Grissin Bon Reggio Emilia – Group K
- MHP Riesen Ludwigsburg – Group L
- Umana Reyer Venezia – Group L
- Maccabi FOX – Group M
- Union Olimpija – Group M
- Dinamo Sassari – Group N
- Szolnoki Olaj – Group N
In the knockout stage, all of the ties were played over two legs.
Last 16 round
The results in the last 16 round were:
- Bayern Munich 166 v ALBA Berlin 157 (82 v 82 / 84 v 75)
- Galatasaray Odeabank 157 v Pinar Karsiyaka 132 (64 v 67 / 93 v 65)
- Herbalife Gran Canaria 159 v Limoges 143 (82 v 65 / 77 v 78)
- UNICS 126 v Stelmet Zielona Gora 139 (72 v 68 / 54 v 71)
- EWE Baskets 142 v Stasbourg 169 (78 v 76 / 64 v 93)
- Zenit St Petersburg165 v Nizhny Novgorod 176 (76 v 102 / 89 v 74)
- EA7 Emporio Armani Milano 151 v Banvit 145 (72 v 69 / 79 v 76)
- Dolomiti Energia Trento 162 v CAI Zaragoza 150 (83 v 85 / 79 v 65)
The results in the quarter-finals round were:
- Bayern Munich 158 v Galatasaray Odeabank 161 (99 v 89 / 59 v 72)
- Herbalife Gran Canaria 176 v Stelmet Zielona Gora 168 (93 v 82 / 83 v 86)
- Strasbourg 185 v Nizhny Novgorod 176 (94 v 85 / 91 v 91)
- EA7 Emporio Armani Milano 152 v Dolomiti Energia Trento 175 (73 v 83 / 79 v 92)
The results in the semi-finals round were:
- Galatasaray Odeabank 170 v Herbalife Gran Canaria 169 (89 v 75 / 81 v 94)
- Strasbourg 154 v Dolomiti Energia Trento 152 (68 v 74 / 86 v 78)
The Grand Final of the 2015/16 Eurocup
The Grand Final of the 2015/16 Eurocup was played out in a two-legged affair between Turkish side Galatasaray Odeabank and French side Strasbourg.
The first leg was played on the 22nd of April 2016 in France, with Strasbourg playing at home first.
The game finished:
- Strasbourg 66 v Galatasaray Odeabank 62
Louis Campbell was the top player for the French side, grabbing 16 points although Vladimir Micov picked up 17 points in the defeat for the Turkish side. The French side travelled to Turkey with a four-point lead for the second leg of the final.
The second leg was played on the 27th of April 2016 in Turkey, with Galatasaray Odeabank having home advantage in the second leg.
The game finished:
- Galatasaray Odeabank 78 v Strasbourg 67
Stephane Lasme and Errick McCollum both grabbed 16 points each in the win which was enough to turn around the first leg deficit. For the French side, Mardy Collins offered up 16 points in the loss.
The overall score in the final was:
- Strasbourg 133 v Galatasaray Odeabank 140
The win by the Turkish side saw them gain access to the 2016/17 Euroleague season.