Spread Pick: VentspilsAway with handicap -5 at 1.83
Over/Under: Under 150.5 at 1.83 Bet Now!
18-01-2017 18:00 BST - Neptunas Klaipeda v Ventspils - Champions League Betting Tips
This is exactly the sort of basketball game fans want to see as we close in on the end of the group stage in the FIBA Champions League. The side sitting second in Group C, with an 8-4 record, welcome the side who are sitting in third spot, with a 7-5 record. Both of these teams will have ambitions of grabbing the second spot in the table and the possible entry to the second phase of the Round of 16. There is also a bit of pressure around them and below them, so there is plenty to look out for in this game with the outcome of the match impacting a good few teams in Group C.
When these teams met earlier on in the season it was the Latvians who triumphed over the Lithuanians. Ventspils grabbed a 66-61 win at home, and the close nature of that game is likely to be replicated in this midweek’s match. Both of these teams will take solace and inspiration from that game. The winners know that they have what it takes to overcome their rivals while the losing side knows that they now have home advantage, which they hope will make all the difference.
|Tipster||Tip-off||Home Team||Away Team||O/U||Odds||Free Tip||Sportsbook|
|FIBA Basketball Champions League tip locked in at 18/01 09:00 (Spread Result: 84-63, Totals: 152)|
|andrew||18/01 18:00||Neptunas KlaipedaNEPTN||VentspilsVENTS||150.5||1.83||Under 150.5|
Ventspils are desperate for a FIBA Champions League win
Jimmy Baron has been a massive player for Neptunas this season, offering an average of 15.7 points per game. The Lithuanians have also been boosted by an average of 5.8 rebounds per game from Mindaugas Kacinas. For Ventspils, Edgaras Zelionis has been a key figure, providing an average of 13.2 points per game. There has also been a good level of form from Ronalds Zakis, who has chipped in with an average of 6.9 rebounds.
The bookies think the hosts will take the game but you can take Ventspils at -5, and this is available at odds of 1.83 for the Wednesday night game. It is likely to be a tight game and the earlier result between these sides suggest that for the Over/Under market, you want to look at going UNDER 150.5 which is provided at odds of 1.83. Bet Now!
Bet on the FIBA Basketball Champions League
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group D – SIG Strasbourg v Cibona
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group C – Varese v Muratbey Usak Sportif
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group E – Partizan v AEK
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group E – Stelmet Zielona Gora v Proximus Spirou
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group B – Maccabi Rand Media v Le Mans Sarthe
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group B – CSM CSU Oradea v Kataja Basket
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group C – PAOK v EWE Baskets
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group B – Pinar Karsiyaka v Khimik
- 18 January 2017 FIBA Champions League Group B – Avtodor Saratov v Umana Reyer Venezia