NCAA Sweet 16
A wise man once said that a “repeated coincidence ceases to be a coincidence”. This is the third time Syracuse (No. 11) has been a double-digit seed, and each time Jim Boeheim’s has reached the Sweet 16! The Orange have two primary weapons: their signature 2-3 defensive zone that Boeheim has come up with. And, of course, their ability in scoring outside the three-pointer area. Buddy Buckets is in a… crazy mood (28.3 points on 55.8 per cent 3-point shooting the last four games), but guard Joe Girard is also shooting 43.8 per cent outside of the arc.
The Cougars (No. 2) love to play defence. They are first in the county in effective field goal defence and 11th in overall defensive efficiency. They are also second in the country in offensive rebound percentage! However, Houston’s starting point guard and top defender, DeJon Jarreau, is hobbled by a hip injury, which is a massive problem for the Cougars. All the above make us pick the +8.5 win spread for the Syracuse Orange…
Our free Houston vs. Syracuse tip: Spread +8.5, Syracuse (away) Win Bet Now!
Basketball Betting Odds, Tips and Predictions
- 28 March 2021 – USC Trojans vs. Oregon Ducks
- 28 March 2021 – Alabama Crimson Tide vs. UCLA Bruins
- 28 March 2021 – Gonzaga Bulldogs vs. Creighton Bluejays
- 27 March 2021 – Baylor Bears vs. Villanova Wildcats
- 27 March 2021 – Loyola Chicago Ramblers vs. Oregon State Beavers
- 26 March 2021 – Olympiacos vs. Fenerbahce
- 26 March 2021 – Baskonia vs. Armani Milan