Spread Pick: FC BarcelonaAway with handicap -6 at 1.90
Over/Under: Over 151.5 at 1.90 Bet Now!
25/03/2015 17:45 – Zalgiris Kaunas v FC Barcelona
Round 12 gets off to an early start in the Top 16 in the Euro league but for Euroleague basketball fans, this means that we have three nights to enjoy as opposed to just two! There should be a greater level of hunger in the home team for this game, who need to win to remain in the hunt for a Euroleague place. However, the Catalan side is still playing for home advantage in the playoffs and given that they have won five games in a row there will be a lot of momentum riding with Barcelona.
Kaunas come into this game with a 9-12 record overall, which consists of their 5-5 record in the regular season and their current 4-7 record in the Top 16. Kaunas come up against a Barcelona side that holds a 17-4 record, which is made up of a 9-1 record in the regular season and an 8-3 record in the Top 16 so far. Barcelona have already booked their place in the playoffs but they should be looking to secure home advantage before they took their foot off the gas. With respect to average points scored, Kaunas have a 70.8 record compared to the 83.5 record of Barcelona.
|Euroleague tip locked in at 24/03 19:30 (Spread Result: 72-77, Totals: 155)
James Anderson has been vital for the Lithuanian side
James Anderson is a vital player for the home team in this game as he served up an average of 14.2 points per game this season. He has been supported by Paulius Jankunas who has offered up an average of 6.5 rebounds per game while Lukas Lekavicius has offered up an average of 2.7 assists per game this season. Lekavicius has shared playmaking duties with Will Cherry but there may be a need for one of the players to step up and really deliver for their team.
Ante Tomic has been the key man up top for Barcelona with an average of 11.5 points for Barcelona this season. Tomic is a central player for the Catalan side, something which is emphasised by the fact that he has delivered an average of 7.4 rebounds per game this season as well. Marcelino Huertas may have been used from the bench a number of times this season but he has offered up an average of 4.6 assists this season and if he is on the court, he is a player that is likely to do some damage for the away team.
This Week's other Euroleague Betting Tips
- 27 March 2015 Euroleague Top 16 Round 12 Betting Tips – Real Madrid v Maccabi Electra Tel Aviv
- 27 March 2015 Euroleague Top 16 Round 12 Betting Tips - Galatasaray Liv Hospital Istanbul v Panathinaikos Athens
- 27 March 2015 Euroleague Top 16 Round 12 Betting Tips – Nizhny Novgorod v CSKA Moscow
- 26 March 2015 Euroleague Top 16 Round 12 Betting Tips - Olympiacos Piraeus v Anadolu Efes Istanbul
- 26 March 2015 Euroleague Top 16 Round 12 Betting Tips - EA7 Emporio Armani Milan v Laboral Kutxa Vitoria
- 26 March 2015 Euroleague Top 16 Round 12 Betting Tips - ALBA Berlin v Crvena Zvezda Telekom Belgrade
- 26 March 2015 Euroleague Top 16 Round 12 Betting Tips - Fenerbahce Ulker Istanbul v Unicaja Malaga
Zalgiris remain at the top in their domestic league
Zalgiris remain at the top of the Lithuanian league with a 27-4 record although Lietuvos Rytas are on their tail with a 26-4 record while Neptunas hold a 26-5 record. The most recent domestic game for Kaunas was a 102-72 home win against Lietkabelis.
Barcelona are currently in fourth place in the Spanish league with a 17-8 record, the same record that Bilbao in third place have. The most recent domestic game for the Catalan giant was a 93-73 away loss to Valencia.
Even though they have qualified, there is still a lot to play for in this game for Barcelona and taking them with a -6 handicap, at odds of 1.90, is likely to be a decent bet for Wednesday night. If you fancy taking the Over/under market on, going OVER 151.5 at odds of 1.90, is likely to be a decent bet. You will find both of these bets available from Bet365, one of the leading sportsbook sites to turn to for Euroleague betting. Bet Now!
- Offers a fantastic range of North American sports betting options
- Provides live betting
- Offers a lot of promotions
- Offers plenty of assistance in getting you started
- Live in-game betting options
- Not a great deal of deposit and withdrawal options
- Not much focus outside of the US