The first round matches in the 2015/16 NBA Playoffs are now over but there is no time for rest as the Conference semi-finals are already underway. There were some comfortable wins in the previous round but the action looks set to be a lot closer in the week that lies ahead. Come the head of this week, we should have a clearer idea of who will be heading to the Conference Finals and who holds serious ambitions about the NBA Finals.
First Round match scores
- Cleveland Cavaliers 4 v Detroit Pistons
- Atlanta Hawks 4 v Boston Celtics 2
- Miami Heat 4 Charlotte Heat 3
- Toronto Raptors 4 v Indiana Pacers 3
- Golden State Warriors 4 v Houston Rockets 1
- Los Angeles Clippers 2 v Portland Trail Blazers 4
- Oklahoma City Thunder 4 v Dallas Mavericks 1
- San Antonio Spurs 4 v Memphis Grizzlies 0
The Conference semi-final matches are as follows:
Eastern Conference semi-finals
- Cleveland Cavaliers v Atlanta Hawks
- Miami Heat v Toronto Raptors
Western Conference semi-finals
- Golden State Warriors v Portland Trail Blazers
- Oklahoma City Thunder v San Antonio Spurs
We are already under way in the Conference semi-finals with the Warriors 1-0 up on the Blazers and the Spurs lead 1-0 on the Thunder.
Tuesday 3rd May 00:00 BST Tip-off time / 01:00 CEST
- Atlanta Hawks @ Cleveland Cavaliers – Game 1
Tuesday 3rd May 02:30 BST Tip-off time / 03:30 CEST
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ San Antonio Spurs – Game 2
The Cavs are well fancied to get their Conference semi-final series off to a good start and after a whitewash in the previous round, you can see why this would be the case. If you fancy LeBron James to make his way to yet another NBA Finals, you can back the Cleveland Cavaliers at -7.5, which is on offer at odds of 1.90. When it comes to the Over/Under market for the same game, you’ll be able to go UNDER 200.5 at odds of 1.90.
The Spurs are already ahead in their series so the Thunder will be under a lot of pressure to get back into the tie. With that in mind though, there is a great chance for the Spurs to open up a bit of a gap before they get on the road so you may want to look at the San Antonio Spurs at -7.5 which is on offer at odds of 1.90. Anyone looking for the Over/Under market for this game will find that going UNDER 202.5, which is available at odds of 1.90 isn’t a bad bet.
Wednesday 4th May 01:00 BST Tip-off time / 02:00 CEST
- Miami Heat @ Toronto Raptors – Game 1
Wednesday 4th May 03:30 BST Tip-off time / 04:30 CEST
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Golden State Warriors – Game 2
It’ll come as no surprise to learn that the bookies believe that the Warriors should be backed strongly in this tie, even though Steph Curry isn’t at full fitness. This is an opportunity for the rest of the players in the team though and if you still think the Warriors have it in them to take care of business, you can find them at -10, at odds of 1.90. When it comes to the Over/Under market, look to go UNDER 213.5 which you can find at odds of 1.90.
Thursday 5th May 01:00 BST Tip-off time / 02:00 CEST
- Atlanta Hawks @ Cleveland Cavaliers – Game 2
There isn’t much to look forward to on Thursday but if you’re a fan of the Hawks or the Cavs, these two teams are back in action in their second game of the series.
Friday 6th May 01:00 BST Tip-off time / 02:00 CEST
- Miami Heat @ Toronto Raptors – Game 2
Friday is also another day with just one game taking place and the Raptors will be desperate to ensure that they are heading to Miami with a healthy lead.
Saturday 7th May 00:00 BST Tip-off time / 01:00 CEST
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Atlanta Hawks – Game 3
Saturday 7th May 02:30 BST Tip-off time / 03:30 CEST
- San Antonio Spurs @ Oklahoma City Thunder – Game 3
Saturday 7th May 22:00 BST Tip-off time / 23:00 CEST
- Toronto Raptors @ Miami Heat – Game 3
With three games taking place on Saturday, NBA fans in UK and Europe have plenty to look forward to. All of these games are Game 3 of the series which means that action switches to the venue of the team that has been away from home in the opening two games. This creates a different dynamic and it’ll be interesting to see if there are big changes heading into these games.
Sunday 8th May 01:30 BST Tip-off time / 02:30 CEST
- Golden State Warriors @ Portland Trail Blazers – Game 3
Sunday 8th May 20:30 BST Tip-off time / 21:30 CEST
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Atlanta Hawks – Game 4
With a game in the evening at a reasonable hour, this may be the best day for UK or European basketball fans to catch up with a game this week. The Cavs and the Hawks clash once again in Game 4 and depending on how the opening three games went; this could be a vital match.
Monday 9th May 01:00 BST Tip-off time / 02:00 CEST
- San Antonio Spurs @ Oklahoma City Thunder – Game 4
Monday sees another Game 4 take place with the Thunder taking on the Spurs.