This is the week when 2015 turns into 2016 but it is business as usual in the NBA with plenty of great games lines up. This is a time of year when many people have extra time off work and if you are a NBA fan in the UK or Europe, this could be the ideal time for you to catch some live games. There are plenty of treats in store in the NBA schedule this week so if you are still feeling rather festive, make sure that you make the most of the basketball treats that are on offer.
The Warriors are still moving along quite nicely with a 28-1 record but the 26-6 record that the San Antonio Spurs hold is well worth applauding. It has been a tough week for the Cavs who hold a losing streak of 2 at the moment but they still hold a 19-9 record. The Hawks have a 20-12 record, the Thunder are 21-10 and the Raptors are 19-12.
The 76ers won their most recent game, giving them a record of 2-30, the Lakers are 5-26 and the Nets are 8-22. The Hawks have the best winning streak at the moment, 6 in a row, while the Celtics, the Wizards and the Warriors are on a winning run of 4. The biggest losing streak at the start of the week is 4 and this is held by the Knicks and the Suns.
Tuesday 29th December 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Charlotte Hornets
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Orlando Magic
- Los Angeles Clippers @ Washington Wizards
- Atlanta Hawks @ Indiana Pacers
Tuesday 29th December 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Brooklyn Nets @ Miami Heat
Tuesday 29th December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Toronto Raptors @ Chicago Bulls
Tuesday 29th December 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Dallas Mavericks
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ San Antonio Spurs
Tuesday 29th December 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Phoenix Suns
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Utah Jazz
Tuesday 29th December 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Sacramento Kings @ Golden State Warriors
The Cavaliers will be desperate to bounce back after a couple of terrible games over the festive period and the bookmakers think that they will. You can find the Cavs at -8.5, at odds of 1.90, to take care with Phoenix but if you feel that the Suns will be the latest team to take advantage of the Cavs dip in form, there may be value in backing them. Bear in mind that the Phoenix team have also been struggling of late.
The Raptors trip to Chicago is likely to be a tough game and the bookmakers are backing that to be a close run thing. Taking the Toronto side at +2, available at odds of 1.90, isn’t a bad bet for folk looking to brighten up the early hours of Tuesday morning. The Hawks and the Pacers is also likely to be a close run thing so opt for the Pacers at -2, available at odds of 1.90. Bet Now!
Wednesday 30th December 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Detroit Pistons @ New York Knicks
Wednesday 30th December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Atlanta Hawks @ Houston Rockets
- Miami Heat @ Memphis Grizzlies
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Oklahoma City Thunder
Wednesday 30th December 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Denver Nuggets
The Cavs may be starting the week on the road but they have two winnable games and we’ll know a lot more about their current state of mind by the time the UK and Europe is waking up on Wednesday morning. If the Cavs don’t overcome the Nuggets in Denver, questions will have to be asked of them.
The Knicks have endured a difficult time of late but the visit of the Pistons provides the chance to get the campaign back on track. The Hawks will find it tough in Houston but this could be one of the most exciting games in the NBA schedule this week.
Thursday 31st December 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Los Angeles Clippers @ Charlotte Hornets
- Brooklyn Nets @ Orlando Magic
Thursday 31st December 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Boston Celtics
Thursday 31st December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Indiana Pacers @ Chicago Bulls
- Utah Jazz @ Minnesota Timberwolves
Thursday 31st December 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Phoenix Suns @ San Antonio Spurs
- Golden State Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks
Thursday 31st December 03:00 GMT Tip-off time / 04:00 CET
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Sacramento Kings
- Denver Nuggets @ Portland Trail Blazers
Thursday 31st December 23:00 GMT Tip-off time / 00:00 CET (Friday 1st January)
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Indiana Pacers
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ Detroit Pistons
Clearly the thing to notice about the NBA schedule for European and UK NBA betting fans on Thursday night is that we’ll have two games going into the New Year. These two games give basketball fans the perfect opportunity to start their New Year off in the perfect manner!
The Wizards visit to Toronto is likely to be an excellent match and for basketball fans that love a touch of nostalgia, the Lakers trip to Boston to take on the Celtics is going to be a game that will evoke plenty of memories. The Warriors head to Dallas looking to maintain their strong position and the Spurs should be able to deal with the Suns in an effective manner.
Friday 1st January 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Golden State Warriors @ Houston Rockets
Friday 1st January 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Los Angeles Clippers @ New Orleans Pelicans
- Phoenix Suns @ Oklahoma City Thunder
Friday 1st January 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Utah Jazz
There is a very quick turnaround for the Warriors who are in action less than 24 hours after their last game and UK and European NBA fans will think that there is something fitting about their game being the one to tip off 2016 in basketball terms. The Warriors trip to Houston to take on the Rockets could be a very special and exciting affair. The Clippers trip to New Orleans could also be an exciting game so if you are staying up to the Bells, there will be some decent basketball action to convince you to stay up later.
Saturday 2nd January 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Orlando Magic @ Washington Wizards
Saturday 2nd January 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Charlotte Hornets @ Toronto Raptors
- Dallas Mavericks @ Miami Heat
Saturday 2nd January 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- New York Knicks @ Chicago Bulls
Saturday 2nd January 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Los Angeles Lakers
Saturday 2nd January 20:00 GMT Tip-off time / 21:00 CET
- Brooklyn Nets @ Boston Celtics
Saturday 2nd January 22:00 GMT Tip-off time / 23:00 CET
- Phoenix Suns @ Sacramento Kings
There are a couple of evening games on Saturday for European and UK NBA fans so you can hopefully enjoy some NBA action at a reasonable hour. The Nets head to Boston and the Suns head to Sacramento on Saturday evening for UK and European fans. You also have the Magic and the Wizards clashing in Washington while the Bulls welcome the Knicks to Chicago in what is likely to be an engrossing game.
Sunday 3rd January 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Detroit Pistons @ Indiana Pacers
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ Charlotte Hornets
Sunday 3rd January 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Orlando Magic @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Sunday 3rd January 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Minnesota Timberwolves
Sunday 3rd January 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Dallas Mavericks
- Houston Rockets @ San Antonio Spurs
Sunday 3rd January 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Memphis Grizzlies @ Utah Jazz
Sunday 3rd January 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Denver Nuggets @ Golden State Warriors
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Los Angeles Clippers
Sunday 3rd January 20:30 GMT Tip-off time / 21:30 CET
- Atlanta Hawks @ New York Knicks
- Chicago Bulls @ Toronto Raptors
Sunday 3rd January 23:00 GMT Tip-off time / 00:00 CET (Monday 4th January)
- New York Knicks @ Washington Wizards
The Rockets have a busy line-up of big games in the week that lies ahead and their trip to San Antonio could be one of the biggest and hardest games that they will face all week. The Bulls trip to Toronto is another standout game in a very busy day of top-class NBA action.
Monday 4th January 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Denver Nuggets
Monday 4th January 02:30 GMT Tip-off time / 03:30 CET
- Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Lakers
Another week in the NBA is brought to a close in quiet style with the Nuggets welcoming the Trail Blazers and the Lakers welcoming the Suns in two games that may not catch the eye but which could offer excitement and value.