This is the last full week of action in February and we are edging ever closer to the Play-Offs in the NBA. With the Play-Offs scheduled to start on April 16th 2016, time is slipping away for teams that are looking to squeeze into contention for the post-season games.
This means that this week is looking like a big week and the NBA schedule provides plenty of big games and drama. NBA fans in the UK and Europe can look forward to a great range of games and whether they stay up late or wait for the weekend to watch some live games at a reasonable hour, there should be plenty on offer for basketball fans on this side of the pond.
The Golden State Warriors remain the team to catch, standing with a 49-5 record and it won’t be long until they break through the 50 win mark. The Spurs remain hot on their heels and a 47-9 record is still worth celebrating. The only other team in the Western Conference to have hit 40 wins are the Oklahoma City Thunder who hold a 40-16 record.
In the Eastern Conference, the Cavaliers hold a 40-14 record, the Raptors are 36-18 and the Celtics are 33-24. The 76ers are 8-47 in the East and the Lakers are 11-46 in the West.
Tuesday 23rd February 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Detroit Pistons @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Tuesday 23rd February 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Indiana Pacers @ Miami Heat
- Toronto Raptors @ New York Knicks
Tuesday 23rd February 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Boston Celtics @ Minnesota Timberwolves
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Milwaukee Bucks
- Golden State Warriors @ Atlanta Hawks
Tuesday 23rd February 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Phoenix Suns @ Los Angeles Clippers
The Clippers are huge favourites to dismantle the Suns in Los Angeles and the Celtics are tipped to grab a win in Minnesota. Backing the Boston Celtics at -5, at odds of 1.90, should get your week of basketball betting started in an effective manner. The Raptors should also be able to prevail in new York, so take the Toronto side at -4, at odds of 1.90, when they take on the Knicks.
The Warriors at -7, and the Over/Under at OVER 223.5, both available at odds of 1.90, should be enough enticement to get involved with the Golden State Warriors trip to Atlanta to take on the Hawks.
Wednesday 24th February 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Orlando Magic @ Philadelphia 76ers
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Washington Wizards
Wednesday 24th February 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Sacramento Kings @ Denver Nuggets
- Houston Rockets @ Utah Jazz
Wednesday 24th February 03:00 GMT Tip-off time / 04:00 CET
- Brooklyn Nets @ Portland Trail Blazers
The Blazers should be able to deal with the Nets at home, the Magic should notch an away win in Philadelphia and the Pelicans trip to Washington could be the most exciting game of the day. Mind you, the Rockets in Utah could also be a good one if any UK or European NBA fans are looking for a reason to stay up late.
Thursday 25th February 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Charlotte Hornets @ Cleveland Cavaliers
- New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers
Thursday 25th February 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ Toronto Raptors
- Golden State Warriors @ Miami Heat
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Detroit Pistons
Thursday 25th February 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Washington Wizards @ Chicago Bulls
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Memphis Grizzlies
Thursday 25th February 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ Dallas Mavericks
Thursday 25th February 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- San Antonio Spurs @ Sacramento Kings
- Denver Nuggets @ Los Angeles Clippers
The Spurs should take care of business in Sacramento, the Thunder face a big challenge in Dallas and the Warriors will be tested, but should ultimately prevail, in Miami. The Cavs at home to the Hornets should be straightforward and the Pistons will feel confident when welcoming the 76ers.
Friday 26th February 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Golden State Warriors @ Orlando Magic
Friday 26th February 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Boston Celtics
Friday 26th February 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ New Orleans Pelicans
Friday 26th February 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Brooklyn Nets @ Phoenix Suns
Friday 26th February 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- San Antonio Spurs @ Utah Jazz
- Houston Rockets @ Portland Trail Blazers
The Warriors in Orlando is another big game and the Celtics welcome Milwaukee with the Boston side keen to maintain their strong run of form. The Thunder in New Orleans could be a good game and the Suns don’t often feel confident but they should fancy their chances at home to the Nets. However, the Spurs trip to Utah could provide the excitement fans are looking for in this run of games.
Saturday 27th February 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Charlotte Hornets @ Indiana Pacers
- Washington Wizards @ Philadelphia 76ers
Saturday 27th February 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Toronto Raptors
- Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks
Saturday 27th February 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Chicago Bulls @ Atlanta Hawks
Saturday 27th February 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Denver Nuggets @ Dallas Mavericks
Saturday 27th February 03:00 GMT Tip-off time / 04:00 CET
- Los Angeles Clippers @ Sacramento Kings
Saturday 27th February 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Memphis Grizzlies @ Los Angeles Lakers
Saturday 27th February 20:00 GMT Tip-off time / 21:00 CET
- Miami Heat @ Boston Celtics
The Heat in Boston at 8pm for UK basketball fans is a big highlight of the week but for those that prefer the small hours of Saturday morning, the NBA has plenty to offer. The Cavs in Toronto is a huge game in the East while the Clippers will believe they have more than enough to take care of the Kings in Sacramento.
Sunday 28th February 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ New Orleans Pelicans
Sunday 28th February 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Chicago Bulls
- San Antonio Spurs @ Houston Rockets
Sunday 28th February 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Detroit Pistons @ Milwaukee Bucks
- Golden State Warriors @ Oklahoma City Thunder
Sunday 28th February 02:30 GMT Tip-off time / 03:30 CET
- Brooklyn Nets @ Utah Jazz
- Memphis Grizzlies @ Phoenix Suns
Sunday 28th February 18:00 GMT Tip-off time / 19:00 CET
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Washington Wizards
Sunday 28th February 20:30 GMT Tip-off time / 21:30 CET
- Charlotte Hornets @ Atlanta Hawks
Sunday 28th February 23:00 GMT Tip-off time / 00:00 (Monday 29th February) CET
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Indiana Pacers
- Toronto Raptors @ Detroit Pistons
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Orlando Magic
The Cavs have another huge game on the road this weekend and with a 6pm tip-off time in the UK, the game from Washington should be a top priority for NBA fans this side of the Atlantic. The Raptors in Detroit is another game at a reasonable time for European and UK basketball fans, so there is plenty to look forward to on Sunday. For those that prefer games when Saturday rolls into Sunday, the Spurs in Houston should offer plenty of excitement.
Monday 29th February 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ Dallas Mavericks
Monday 29th February 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Miami Heat @ New York Knicks
The Timberwolves in Dallas and the Heat in New York bring the week of NBA betting action to a close and by the end of these games, plenty of teams will have a clearer idea of what they need in March to be in the running for the NBA Play-Offs.