Another new week of NBA action gets underway and fans in Europe and the UK have a great selection of games to look out for. The tip-off times aren’t the most convenient for UK and European basketball fans but the NBA schedule should provide plenty of opportunities for basketball fans this side of the pond to watch the best players and best teams this week.
Monday 16th November 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Boston Celtics @ Oklahoma City Thunder
Monday 16th November 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Toronto Raptors @ Sacramento Kings
Monday 16th November 02:30 GMT Tip-off time / 03:30 CET
- Detroit Pistons @ Los Angeles Lakers
If you have the fear about Monday, why not forget all about it and see in the start of the new week by staying up later on Sunday and ease into Monday with some NBA games. The bookmakers think that the Thunders are well placed to take care of the Celtics, that the Raptors should be able to get the edge over the Kings in Sacramento and that the Pistons should be able to taste success in Los Angeles against the Lakers. If you’re looking for plenty of scoring action, the bookmakers seem to think that the Celtics trip to the Thunder is likely to be most exciting game.
Tuesday 17th November 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Dallas Mavericks @ Philadelphia76ers
Tuesday 17th November 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Indiana Pacers @ Chicago Bulls
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ Memphis Grizzlies
- Boston Celtics @ Houston Rockets
Tuesday 17th November 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Portland Trail Blazers @ San Antonio Spurs
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Phoenix Suns
There is a quick turnaround time for teams like the Thunder, the Celtics and the Lakers as they are all back in action for UK and European viewers in the early hours of Tuesday morning,
With the 76ers sitting with a 0-10 record, this shouldn’t be the most daunting trip for the Mavericks and the Suns should be confident of overcoming the Lakers in Phoenix. The Spurs welcoming the Blazers could be the most exciting game of the day.
Wednesday 18th November 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Washington Wizards
Wednesday 18th November 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Detroit Pistons
- Atlanta Hawks @ Brooklyn Nets
- Charlotte Hornets @ New York Knicks
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ Miami Heat
Wednesday 18th November 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Denver Nuggets @ New Orleans Pelicans
Wednesday 18th November 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Toronto Raptors @ Golden State Warriors
The Cavs have their first action of the week as they head to Detroit in a game that always captures the imagination. Of course, the focus of the day is likely to fall on the Warriors to see if they can maintain their 100% start to the season. They current hold a 11-0 record so far but the visit of the Raptors will be a challenge for the reigning NBA champions.
With 9 games in total look out for, NBA fans in Europe and the UK that stay up late on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning will find that the NBA schedule will reward them.
Thursday 19th November 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Indiana Pacers @ Philadelphia 76ers
- Brooklyn Nets @ Charlotte Hornets
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ Orlando Magic
Thursday 19th November 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Dallas Mavericks @ Boston Celtics
Thursday 19th November 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Oklahoma City Thunder
- Sacramento Kings @ Atlanta Hawks
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Houston Rockets
Thursday 19th November 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Denver Nuggets @ San Antonio Spurs
Thursday 19th November 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Toronto Raptors @ Utah Jazz
Thursday 19th November 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Chicago Bulls @ Phoenix Suns
A whopping 10 games in the early hours of the morning for European and UK basketball fans means that there are plenty of great games to look out for. The Thunder and the Celtics have been rather busy this week, giving their fans plenty of chances to see them in action.
The Raptors trip to Utah to take on the Jazz has the potential to be a brilliant game and if you are looking for a game between two evenly matched team, the Timberwolves trip to Orlando is well worth looking out for.
Friday 20th November 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Sacramento Kings @ Miami Heat
Friday 20th November 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Friday 20th November 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Golden State Warriors @ Los Angeles Clippers
There may only be three games taking place in the early hours of Friday morning in the NBA schedule for UK and European basketball fans but the quality is key here, not the quantity. The Bucks trip to Cleveland will catch the eye, coming hot on the hells of the Bucks victory against the Cavs. This was a game shrouded in controversy with an “inadvertent whistle” perhaps impacting on the Cavs ability to win the game. In the end, the Bucks ran out winners but the Cleveland side will be determined to gain their revenge for that annoying defeat.
The Warriors have been going strong so far but they know that the Clippers will pose quite a challenge in Los Angeles and that could be a game that is well worth staying up for.
Saturday 21st November 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Charlotte Hornets
Saturday 21st November 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Brooklyn Nets @ Boston Celtics
Saturday 21st November 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Houston Rockets @ Memphis Grizzlies
- New York Knicks @ Oklahoma City Thunder
- San Antonio Spurs @ New Orleans Pelicans
- Detroit Pistons @ Minnesota Timberwolves
Saturday 21st November 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Utah Jazz @ Dallas Mavericks
Saturday 21st November 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Phoenix Suns @ Denver Nuggets
Saturday 21st November 03:00 GMT Tip-off time / 04:00 CET
- Los Angeles Clippers @ Portland Trail Blazers
Saturday 21st November 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Chicago Bulls @ Golden State Warriors
Toronto Raptors @ Los Angeles
Saturday 21st November 22:00 GMT Tip-off time / 23:00 CET
- Sacramento Kings @ Orlando Magic
While there is a Saturday evening game for UK and European NBA fans to look out for, it is the early morning games that will understandably grab most of the attention. The Bills and the Warriors clash is likely to be a great one while the Spurs and the Pelicans could serve up a classic in New Orleans.
Sunday 22nd November 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Indiana Pacers
Sunday 22nd November 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Washington Wizards @ Detroit Pistons
- Atlanta Hawks @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Sunday 22nd November 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Miami Heat
- New York Knicks @ Houston Rockets
Sunday 22nd November 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Memphis Grizzlies @ San Antonio Spurs
Sunday 22nd November 20:30 GMT Tip-off time / 21:30 CET
- Toronto Raptors @ Los Angeles Clippers
Sunday 22nd November 23:00 GMT Tip-off time / (Monday 23rd November 00:00 CET)
- Boston Celtics @ Brooklyn Nets
- Phoenix Suns @ New Orleans Pelicans
9 games on Sunday for UK and European fans is a great way to end the week and the NBA schedule serves up a couple of games at a reasonable hour, including the Raptors trip to Los Angeles to take on the Clippers, which could be a great game.
It’s a big week in the NBA schedule and there will likely be some notable changes in the NBA standings this time next week.