We enter a new week of NBA action knowing that every team has suffered at least one loss. Okay, some teams have suffered a number of losses but at the weekend, the Golden State Warriors finally succumbed to a loss this season, being downed by the Milwaukee Bucks.
It is not as if this result changes too much, a 24-1 record for the Warriors is still hugely impressive and it is not as if they have any team chasing down their tail with respect to records. The Spurs are very strong with a 20-5 record, the Thunder are 16-8, the Raptors are 16-9 and the Cavaliers are 15-7. All of these teams will be heavily in the mix when it comes to the Playoffs, and a loss for the Warriors won’t change that, but it adds up to a league that is a little bit more exciting again.
NBA fans in the UK and Europe have a big week of games to look forward and the NBA schedule for the week ahead looks a little like this.
Tuesday 15th December 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Toronto Raptors @ Indiana Pacers
Tuesday 15th December 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Orlando Magic @ Brooklyn Nets
- Los Angeles Clippers @ Detroit Pistons
Tuesday 15th December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Chicago Bulls
- Miami Heat @ Atlanta Hawks
- Washington Wizards @ Memphis Grizzlies
Tuesday 15th December 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Phoenix Suns @ Dallas Mavericks
- Utah Jazz @ San Antonio Spurs
Tuesday 15th December 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Houston Rockets @ Denver Nuggets
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Portland Trail Blazers
There are a number of potentially close games lined up for the early hours of Tuesday morning for UK and European NBA fans to enjoy. The Clippers and the Pistons could be one of the tightest games in the NBA schedule this week and you should look to take the Los Angeles Clippers at -1.5 with odds of 1.90.
There also looks to be some mis-matched games early on in the NBA schedule this week and if you want to see some points, check out the Bulls and the 76ers. Taking the Chicago Bulls at -13.5 at odds of 1.90 should give you an interest to the final buzzer and give you a chance of starting the week off in a successful manner.
Wednesday 16th December 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Cleveland Cavaliers @ Boston Celtics
Wednesday 16th December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Denver Nuggets @ Minnesota Timberwolves
Wednesday 16th December 03:00 GMT Tip-off time / 04:00 CET
- Houston Rockets @ Sacramento Kings
Wednesday 16th December 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Los Angeles Lakers
The Cavaliers trip to Boston is definitely one of the games to watch out for this week in the NBA schedule. Both of these teams have performed well in the majority of games this campaign and they will both view this as a chance to show their strength and send out a message to other teams in the NBA.
It will also be interesting to keep an eye on the Bucks this week and see if there is any reaction to their win over the Warriors. Some times when a team puts everything they have into taking out a top dog, they can struggle to find the required level of strength and desire in their next few games. The fact that they are up against the Lakers gives them a chance to ease back into normal life but that could be a good with value on the cards.
Thursday 17th December 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Charlotte Hornets @ Orlando Magic
- Dallas Mavericks @ Indiana Pacers
Thursday 17th December 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Boston Celtics @ Detroit Pistons
- Miami Heat @ Brooklyn Nets
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ New York Knicks
Thursday 17th December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Atlanta Hawks @ Memphis Grizzlies
Thursday 17th December 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Washington Wizards @ San Antonio Spurs
Thursday 17th December 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
New Orleans Pelicans @ Utah Jazz
Thursday 17th December 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Los Angeles Clippers
- Phoenix Suns @ Golden State Warriors
It is understandable that people will want to see how the Warriors respond to losing a game of basketball. A home game against the Suns should be a good opportunity to get back to winning ways and there will be a shock on the cards if the Warriors don’t dispose of the Suns in a comprehensive manner.
The Wizards trip to San Antonio could also be a game that is well worth looking out for if you fancy a late one, or an early one, in the UK and Europe this week.
Friday 18th December 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Toronto Raptors @ Charlotte Hornets
Friday 18th December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Oklahoma City Thunder @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Friday 18th December 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Houston Rockets @ Los Angeles Lakers
There are only three games to look out for in the early hours of Friday morning in the UK and Europe in the NBA schedule but there are some decent games. The Raptors trip to the Hornets is an intriguing game and the Cavaliers welcome the Thunder, in a game that could offer a lot. Compared to those two games, the Rockets trip to Los Angeles to take on the Lakers may not sound that enticing but don’t rule it out just yet.
Saturday 19th December 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Orlando Magic
- New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers
- Brooklyn Nets @ Indiana Pacers
Saturday 19th December 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Atlanta Hawks @ Boston Celtics
Saturday 19th December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- Los Angeles Clippers @ San Antonio Spurs
- Toronto Raptors @ Miami Heat
- Detroit Pistons @ Chicago Bulls
- Sacramento Kings @ Minnesota Timberwolves
Saturday 19th December 01:30 GMT Tip-off time / 02:30 CET
- Memphis Grizzlies @ Dallas Mavericks
Saturday 19th December 02:00 GMT Tip-off time / 03:00 CET
- Denver Nuggets @ Utah Jazz
Saturday 19th December 03:30 GMT Tip-off time / 04:30 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Golden State Warriors
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Phoenix Suns
Saturday 19th December 22:00 GMT Tip-off time / 23:00 CET
- Los Angeles Lakers @ Oklahoma City Thunder
It may be that logistics will make the 10pm UK tip-off time for the Lakers trip to the Thunder the most attractive game for European and UK NBA fans this weekend. The home team should be able to wrap things up in a convincing manner but if you are looking for a game to watch at a reasonable hour, this could be the one for you.
Of course, for many people, focus will fall on the Warriors welcoming the Bucks. Will the Warriors gain revenge for their first defeat of the campaign or can the Bucks make lightning strike twice?
Sunday 20th December 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Charlotte Hornets @ Washington Wizards
Sunday 20th December 00:30 GMT Tip-off time / 01:30 CET
- Chicago Bulls @ New York Knicks
Sunday 20th December 00:00 GMT Tip-off time / 01:00 CET
- Los Angeles Clippers @ Houston Rockets
- Indiana Pacers @ Memphis Grizzlies
Sunday 20th December 18:00 GMT Tip-off time / 19:00 CET
- Minnesota Timberwolves @ Brooklyn Nets
- Portland Trail Blazers @ Miami Heat
Sunday 20th December 20:30 GMT Tip-off time / 21:30 CET
- Philadelphia 76ers @ Cleveland Cavaliers
Sunday 20th December 22:00 GMT Tip-off time / 23:00 CET
- Milwaukee Bucks @ Phoenix Suns
Sunday 20th December 23:00 GMT Tip-off time / 00:00 CET (Monday 21st December)
- Atlanta Hawks @ Orlando Magic
- Sacramento Kings @ Toronto Raptors
With a handful games at a reasonable hour, there is a genuine chance for European and UK NBA fans to round off the week in good style. The Trail Blazers and the Heat could serve up a good game while the Hawks in Orlando may be of interest.
The Clippers trip to Houston and the Hornets travelling to Washington will also provide the chance for some dramatic NBA action.
Monday 21st December 01:00 GMT Tip-off time / 02:00 CET
- New Orleans Pelicans @ Denver Nuggets
The NBA schedule is rounded off in Denver, when the Pelicans come calling in an early Monday morning match for NBA fans in Europe and the UK.